Private Lesson Policies (10 Packs):
- Weekly private lessons are due monthly. Tuition is due the 1st of the month in order to reserve your lesson time. Weekly payments are no longer accepted.
- Students are expected to practice their instruments daily in order to develop and grow as a musician.
- Non-monthly (and bi-weekly) lessons are available upon request depending on the availability of each individual teacher.
- We keep a strict 24 hour cancellation policy. If you must cancel due to illness or emergency, we offer each student 2 makeups per school year. Beyond that you will be charged.
- More than one cancellation per month may result in a loss of your time slot.
- Weekly drop-in lessons are available only if there is space in the teachers schedule.
- Lesson rescheduling will be dependent on the the availability of the individual teacher.
- All cancellations must be made with your individual teacher.
- Payments are transferable to any other lesson or class, however cash refunds are NOT given.
Private Lesson Policies (Year long lessons):
Our year long lesson policies differ from our 10 pack policies, mostly in relation to cancellations and rescheduling. Click here to get the details.
- Tuition is due at the beginning of each semester or scheduled workshop unless arrangements have been made specifically with the teacher.
- Refunds will be given only after the first class, there will be no refunds given after.
- We do not offer makeup classes. If you miss class or class is cancelled due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances, content will be made up in subsequent classes.
- Food and drink are not permitted inside the studios except by permission of the faculty.
- Use of cell phones and other electronics is not permitted during class unless directed so by faculty.
- CMS cannot be held liable for injury in class/performance or on the Chocolate Factory premises.
School Closing Policy
- CMS follows the Red Hook/Rhinebeck school calendar for holidays and snow cancellations. If BOTH schools are closed, so are we. If one of the schools remains open, so do we. In the event of a 1/2 day or early dismissal, we will be open, weather permitting. If you have any questions about snow cancellations or holiday closings, please check directly with your teacher to see if they are planning on teaching. You can also contact the school and we will let you know.